7-Year Old Boy With Cerebral Palsy Saves Family's Life By Crawling To Parents Bedroom During Gas Leakage

Posted by Sama in Feel Good On 8th March 2021
ADVERTISEMENT

This seven-year-old has become a hero in his community after he saved his family from a fatal incident. The family is all praises for their son and says that had it not been for Michael they might have never woken up from their sleep because of the gas leak in their family house.

ADVERTISEMENT

A young seven-year-old child with cerebral palsy is hailed a hero after saved his family from a potentially fatal gas leak by crawling to his parent's bedroom. 

According to Fox News, a few weeks back, seven-year-old Michael Martinez woke up in his family home by a loud beeping noise. 

 

 

Wavebreakmedia Ltd/Alamy Stock Photo
ADVERTISEMENT

Soon Michael realized that he is the only person to hear the sound. It was at this moment that the child realized that he has to take an action. 

Michael who is a cerebral palsy child and uses a wheelchair decided to crawl to his parent's room to wake his mother Angie Martinez. At that time apart from his parents, there were three cousins and an aunt staying over their place. 

Wavebreakmedia Ltd/Alamy Stock Photo
ADVERTISEMENT

Michael's mom says that hearing the beeping sound she thought that it was a regular smoking alarm to warn about low battery. However, the parents soon realized that the sound was because of carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Angie was then given a major scare when the alarm showed that her house has hit a 'critical level' for the gas. 

She then rushed to call the helpline who instructed her to open all her house windows. 

Wavebreakmedia Ltd/Alamy Stock Photo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Quickly springing to action, the mom then woke the rest of her family rushing them out of the property in such a rush that they didn't even get the chance to wear their shoes. 

Overcoming the trauma, the family now talks about the heroic action of their son which saved the family's life. 

Speaking to Fox News, Angie said she was feeling "very sick and nauseous" by the time she got outside, and revealed that Michael's aunt was also experiencing chest pains.

Praising their son's heroic actions, Angie added: "We told him that he is our hero. If it wasn’t for him, we probably never would have woken up."

Wavebreakmedia Ltd/Alamy Stock Photo
ADVERTISEMENT

The mom added: "Many people look at people with disabilities like they are not able to do much, but Michael showed everyone just how untrue that is."

It was later revealed that the gas leak occurred at home because one of the stove burners was accidentally left open. 

Per the official NHS website, carbon monoxide does not have a scent or taste and if inhaled in large quantities can starve the body of oxygen.

Wavebreakmedia Ltd/Alamy Stock Photo
ADVERTISEMENT

After the story of the young kid's heroic action made it to the local community, the family has now set up a GoFundMe account for Michael to help buy a new wheelchair for him. 

The fundraiser is currently on $23,391  as of this writing and has a target set at $25,000. 

GoFundMe
ADVERTISEMENT

The GoFundMe, started by Michael's aunt, also states: "Michael will be undergoing future surgeries and therapies to help him be able to walk. That is his desire of his heart is to one day walk.

"Let's help out this hero and please donate whatever God has put in your heart to give this hero."

ADVERTISEMENT