Taking on a challenge from her friends that whether she could fit inside the tumble dryer or not, this student found herself stuck inside the kitchen appliance and in a dramatic turn of events, her friends decided to call emergency services to help her get out of the tumble dryer. Talking about the embarrassing and somewhat funny incident, the girl said, "My housemates tried pulling me out, but they couldn't, so we didn't know what else to do other than to call the fire service. They save cats from trees so maybe they could save students from tumble dryers."
Hilarious video shows the moment a student had to be rescued from a tumble dryer by firefighters after someone challenged her that she wouldn't fit inside it.
Rosie Cole, 21, was enjoying a couple of bottles of Zinfandel wine and honey tequila when their fun night out took a dramatic turn after she was dared to get inside the dryer in their shared accommodation because another student thought there was 'no chance' she'd fit.
Taking on the challenge head-on, Rosie who lives in shared accommodation at Beresford Avenue, Hull, decided to show everyone and wriggled her way inside the kitchen appliance but unfortunately found herself stuck.
In this bizarre and somewhat embarrassing situation, it was best decided to call emergency services as Rosie said they 'save cats from trees' so maybe they would 'save students from tumble dryers'.
The commotion lasted roughly 20 minutes in total, and it took three firefighters to successfully rescue the befuddled student.
Rosie said: "I was with my other housemates, and one of them dared me to get in it. It wasn't until I wiggled both my hips in and got my legs crossed behind me that I realised I couldn't get out.
"I am a bit dramatic so I didn't think it was that bad at first, and my housemates were making me laugh, but when I realised that I couldn't uncross my legs and my hips were stuck I got a bit worried.
"Especially when I tried to free myself the dryer tipped forward and I couldn't get myself out. My arms were starting to hurt trying to hold myself up, and it was pretty hot inside the dryer.
"My housemates tried pulling me out, but they couldn't, so we didn't know what else to do other than to call the fire service. They save cats from trees so maybe they could save students from tumble dryers."
Rosie also says the house of six people were given a fire safety brief - but she admitted she'd never done her own washing anyway.
She said: "They were lovely and they just laughed at me. When they were leaving they opened the washing machine and asked if anyone else needed saving.
"They gave us a fire safety brief and asked if we knew what to do if there was a fire. I remember learning stop drop and roll but I don't know how relevant that is when you're inside a dryer."
Definitely not relevant but hey, they were just doing their job.