Here Are 17 Reasons Why Kids From The 80's Are Tougher Than Kids Today. #15 Brought Back Memories
On 4th August 2015
While us 80’s kids were growing up, adults used to tell us how much tougher they were and how we have it too easy. That talk is happening again, but it is us 80’s kids saying that about the new, safer, politically correct, bubble-wrapped generation of kids. Read on for close to 20 examples that prove how tough we were versus today’s kids.
1. Lawn darts. Kids played with them even without adult supervision.
2. Playing with fireworks was not only fun, but encouraged.
3. Breaking something and getting a cast wasn’t a cause for a parental freakout, but a badge of honor.
4. Playgrounds were not made of plastic with “dangerous” items like merry-go-rounds removed. We went down metal slides that were hot enough to blister you.
5. Kids fearlessly (and legally) rode in the backs of pickup trucks all over.