Mom Issues A Serious Warning About A Famous Teething Brand After Child Becomes Unresponsive After Taking It

Posted by Sama in Health and Fitness On 11th March 2018
ADVERTISEMENT

#5 In A Matter Of Few Seconds, Chloe Became Unresponsive

Next thing Danielle saw was her baby struggling to breathe and becoming unresponsive in a matter of few seconds, "Chloe immediately turned red, started kicking, got one or two screams in, and 10-15 seconds after the Orajel touched her gums she became unresponsive. Her eyes locked in a dead stare, she became limp and stopped breathing. She turned blue. I grabbed her and put her against my body, hitting her back trying to wake her up, but no response. I ran her down the hall to my bed and lied her down and began breathing into her mouth as Mike called 911."

ADVERTISEMENT

#6 "It Felt Like An Eternity"

Danielle says it took her daughter almost 15-20 seconds to recover which almost felt like an eternity, "Thankfully she woke up and started screaming and crying after maybe 15-20 seconds in total, which felt like an eternity. The ambulance arrived and EMT’s checked her out and determined she was okay. Unfortunately, I did not know this in advance, but there are many other parents out there who have experienced the exact same occurrence with their own children when using Baby Orajel."

Danielle says it was too late before she realized that same situation like this has happened with a number of parents in the past and for this reason she wants to warn everyone to boycott the product for the sake of their kid's safety, "I found online posts dating back to 2008 from parents with literally the same experience – their baby became unresponsive in seconds, went limp, turned blue, became responsive again after 15 seconds or so – it was like someone wrote my same experience. What’s more, I learned the FDA warns against giving babies Benzocaine – the active ingredient in Baby Orajel."

ADVERTISEMENT

#7 Danielle Did Extensive Research On The Product

Doing more research on the product, Danielle found that Benzocaine can actually be fatal for kids, her post further read, "The use of benzocaine gels and liquids for mouth and gum pain can lead to a rare but serious—and sometimes fatal—condition called methemoglobinemia, a disorder in which the amount of oxygen carried through the blood stream is greatly reduced. Children under 2 years of age are of particular risk, with almost 80% of reported benzocaine gel related cases of methemoglobinemia having occurred in children under 2."

#8 She Wrote All The Information On Her Social Media Post

Danielle wrote detailed medical research in simple words in her post to help the public understand the health hazards of the product, "Benzocaine products should not be used on children less than two years of age, except under the advice and supervision of a healthcare professional." The FDA’s website states, "Healthcare professionals and consumers are advised to consider the American Academy of Pediatrics’ recommendations for treating teething pain instead of using the benzocaine teething product: give the child a teething ring chilled in the refrigerator, gently rub or massage the child’s gums with your finger to relieve the symptoms of teething in children. If these methods do not provide relief from teething pain, consumers should talk to a healthcare professional to identify other treatments."

Previous
Page 2 Of 4
Next
ADVERTISEMENT

Sponsored Content

ADVERTISEMENT

Trending