Mom Shares Warning After She Gets A Scare As Baby Bites Into Baubles During Photoshoot

Posted by Sama in Parenting On 21st December 2021
advertisement

This mom shares a terrifying incident that left her shaking with fear after a bauble burst into her child's mouth leaving her mouth to be filled with sharp fragments. Mom recalls how she controlled herself and one by one she picked out the pieces making sure that her daughter does not swallow any.

advertisement

Holidays always put one in a festive mood, especially Halloween or Christmas. However, these days also bring with them a fair warning for parents with young kids. The reason so is because these holidays bring with them decorations and with many small ornaments and most of the times parents have to be extra vigilant around their kids. 

This one parenting educator and paramedic shared a terrifying story about the dangers of baubles.

Credit: Instagram
advertisement

Nikki Jurcutz and her sister run tinyheartseducation, an Instagram account dedicated to helping parents protect their children. She usually shares stories sent in by other parents to help everyone understand how everyday objects can become hazardous for little kids.

Only recently, Nikki shared one mother's story to highlight how dangerous glass baubles can be. 

The parent shares the traumatizing incident where she had been taking festive photos with her 14-month-old daughter Savannah when the incident occurred.

Instagram
advertisement

"I’d gone all out with a backdrop and props and had some beautiful baubles nearby that my grandma had given me. I was watching Savannah the whole time, got her into position with a jingle bell toy," she wrote.

"Before I knew it she had scooped up this precious bauble and decided to bite it. As I turned around I heard a massive crunch, and it had exploded in her mouth."

Instagram
advertisement
advertisement

The mother recounts the terrifying moent when she tried to keep herself calm as she picked the ornament's fragments from her kid's mouth.

"I was absolutely petrified inside and made sure she was okay. I knew the parts were so small, and had essentially exploded in her mouth."

She then rushed her daughter to the children's hospital where the child was given an X-ray and a detailed assesment to ensure that she hadn't swallowed or inhaled any of the sharp fragments. Thankfully the tests came back clear, and Savannah and her mom were able to go home unscathed.

"I felt so lucky and relieved, and of course super emotional," the mother wrote, before ending her story with a word of warning to other parents.

"I just wanted to share because I know the Christmas season is upon us, and our little ones are attracted to shiny and bright objects. It happened within seconds and it could have ended up with surgery."

Parents responded to the incident with horror and concern and thanked Nikki for making them aware of this lurking danger around them.

"A great and scary reminder," wrote one parent.

"This is why I did not put the tree up this year and won’t until he is older," added another.

Instagram
advertisement
advertisement