Russian Schoolgirl Electrocuted By Cellphone In Bathtub

Posted by Sughra Hafeez in Heartbreaking On 3rd February 2018

A schoolgirl was ‘electrocuted in her bath’ after her phone fell in the water while she was charging it, police say.

The young victim, named only as Kseniya P, was listening to music while taking a bath when the tragedy happened in Moscow, Russia

The 12-year-old, named as Kseniya P, is reported to have died instantly.

Kseniya P had been listening to music while in the bath when her phone ran out of power.

She plugged it in to charge in the bathroom but the phone with the cable attached fell into the water, according to a preliminary investigation.

Kseniya’s mother was in the kitchen preparing a meal while her daughter was in the bathroom.

She became unsettled after a period of prolonged silence and went to the bathroom to investigate.

She went into the bathroom and found the girl already dead with her head under the water.

The phone was floating in the bath.

The woman immediately called an ambulance and tried to revive her daughter but to no avail.

Her dance school said today they were in 'big grief' over 'the death of our beautiful star Kseniya who has died aged 12'.

A friend called Anna said it was a 'terrible tragedy'.

When the story emerged on social media, users urged parents to "warn their children about the terrible risks of using phones in the bath".

Police released the last photo the girl sent before she died–as a warning that combining water, electricity, and electronic devices can be fatal.

Investigators with the Lovington Police Department believe Coe took the photo, then sent it in a text message mere moments before she died.

Recommended Content

Heartbreaking
Little Girl Injures Her Finger Severely At Daycare, Mom Later Realizes There May Be More To The Accident Then She Is Informed By The Daycare
Little Girl Injures Her Finger Severely At Daycare, Mom Later Realizes There May Be More To The Accident Then She Is Informed By The Daycare
Heartbreaking
Baby Suffers From Severe Chemical Burns After Mom Leaves Dehumidifier Too Close To The Crib
Baby Suffers From Severe Chemical Burns After Mom Leaves Dehumidifier Too Close To The Crib
Heartbreaking
Mom Is Dragged From Court After She Lashes Out At Man Accused Of Brutally Killing Her Teenage Sons When He Turns And Smiles At Her
Mom Is Dragged From Court After She Lashes Out At Man Accused Of Brutally Killing Her Teenage Sons When He Turns And Smiles At Her
Heartbreaking
"Storm Chasers" Star Joel Taylor Laid To Rest In Hometown
"Storm Chasers" Star Joel Taylor Laid To Rest In Hometown
Heartbreaking
Mother Shaves Her Daughters Head And Drugs Her In Order To Fake Cancer
Mother Shaves Her Daughters Head And Drugs Her In Order To Fake Cancer
Heartbreaking
Woman Leaves Her Newborn In A Fire Station Under "Safe Haven Law," Gets Praised By People For Making A Responsible Decision
Woman Leaves Her Newborn In A Fire Station Under "Safe Haven Law," Gets Praised By People For Making A Responsible Decision
More in Heartbreaking