Scalding KFC Gravy Left Toddler Screaming In Agony And Suffering Horrific Burns

Posted by Abdul Rafay in News On 23rd September 2021
ADVERTISEMENT

After suffering horrible burns from a pot of KFC gravy, a toddler was left screaming in agony. After the gravy pot spilled onto Ella Pau's skin, she was left with burns on her face, fingers, arm, and legs. Ella was rushed to Alder Hey Children's Hospital's A&E department, where she was taken straight to the burns section and given a cool bath, according to the Liverpool Echo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jade, 23, said she had "never heard screaming like it in her life" as she grabbed her 18-month-old daughter and hurried to the toilet to put her under cold water.

Katie, Jade's friend who had come to visit with her twins for a few days, went to the KFC drive-thru on June 1 to bring dinner.

Jade said her companion returned with the food and set it down before heading to the kitchen to get plates.

Picture: Jade Pau/Liverpool Echo
ADVERTISEMENT

Kate's three-year-old twins, Jacob and Anthony, went into the bag to get chips from the bargain bucket, according to her.

Ella then reached into the bag and pulled out the gravy pot.

Jade said: "I was stood watching them, it just happened so quick.”

Picture: Jade Pau/Liverpool Echo
ADVERTISEMENT

"[Ella] put her hand into the bag and when she pulled her hand out she had hold of the gravy, the rest of the lid flipped back at her as she picked it up and gravy flicked onto her face.”

"And before I knew it, it was all down her. It was all over her arms, mainly her right arm, and because she was on the couch it pooled between her legs."

Because the gravy was hidden by her daughter's shorts, Jade didn't realize how much had spilled onto her daughter's skin at first.

She added: "I was undressing her at the same time as showering her, I was going over her face and down onto her arms with the water.”

Picture: Jade Pau/Liverpool Echo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

"The worst thing about it was as the water was going onto her skin the color of the gravy was disappearing but the oil was still sticking to her skin.”

"When I was taking her shorts off I could see her legs and the skin had started to bubble. Her legs were the worst at that point because they were the last to get water."

Ella was brought to the burns unit right away for a cold bath to clean her wounds, and she spent the night there.

ADVERTISEMENT

However, Ella's condition did not improve when she was released from the hospital, as she developed a toxic shock.

Jade said: "She came home and she was fine, she was made up to be home, and then around 12'oclock I noticed she was breathing funny.”

"I felt her head and she was roasting hot and then she turned slightly and I could see her back was full of sweat.”

ADVERTISEMENT

"I checked her temperature and it was 39.8. She started waking up and she was struggling to breathe so I picked her up, and as soon as I picked her up she started vomiting."

Ella, who is now 21 months old, spent the next five days in the hospital before being released on June 7.

Jade went to the restaurant after the terrible occurrences and contacted KFC to bring awareness about what happened.

ADVERTISEMENT