This Man's Leg Caught Fire Because Of Insect Repellent

By Sughra Hafeez in Bizarre On 29th September 2015

#1 Mark Machesky lives near the forest in Ohio.

Often he collects the dead wood and makes a campfire for his family. During one such campfire, due to increased number of mosquitoes, he sprayed his leg with repellent.

#2 However the repellent did the opposite.

Being inflammable, the repellent is susceptible to the risk of catching fire. And though such is a rare occurrence, Mark's leg caught fire after getting too close to the fire.

Follow On Google News

#3 Repellent and other sprays contain alcohol and oils.

And are thus highly inflammable. It's even marked on the labels. But what we fail to see is after a certain period of application time, these oils and alcohol vaporize, and thus create a hazardous situation.

#4 It caused a lot of pain, and took a long time to heal.

He was rushed to the hospital and it took him months of treatment to heal. During the whole process, he had to endure a lot of pain.

Follow On X

#5 Finally it healed but left scars to serve as the memoirs of the incident.

In the end, there is a life lesson for all of us. Whatever the case, prevention is always better than cure.