Three Brothers Die From Drinking 3 Litres Of Sanitiser After Having Run Out Of Alcohol

Posted by Sama in News On 30th March 2021
ADVERTISEMENT

There has been a rise of cases reported where people are turning to sanitizers in desperate attempts to replace alcohol and face fatal consequences. The new case reported is from India where three brothers consumed three liters of sanitizers as they were unable to lay their hands on alcohol during the lockdown and ultimately died following the consumption of antiseptic.

ADVERTISEMENT

A bizarre incident reported in India as three brothers pass away after buying five liters of sanitizer and drinking more than half of it as they were not able to buy alcohol during the pandemic lockdown. 

Parvat Ahirwar, 55, Ram Prasad, 50, and Bhura Ahirwar (age not specified) were discovered on Tuesday 23 March in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India.

Credit: PA
ADVERTISEMENT

As per the Times of India, the three men were married but were staying far from their families. Among them, Ram was a painter and the other two brothers were laborers and slept on the streets of MP Nagar, Bhopal. 

The family of the three men says that they were addicted to alcohol and they bought the sanitizers when they were unable to get their hands on alcohol. 

Reports reveal that they bought the sanitizer on Sunday and continued to consume it till Monday and Ram then went home before he was found dead in his home.

Credit: PA
ADVERTISEMENT

The other two brothers were found in critical condition and unconscious on the street and were immediately rushed to the hospital but were produced dead on arrival. Police found the remaining sanitizers near to their bodies while they believe the remaining had been consumed by the brothers. 

The Times of India reported that the case is now under investigation by the police.

Credit: PA
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunately, a number of similar indents have been reported from other parts of the world too. Reportedly, last year in November seven people died in Russia after they drank sanitizer in exchange for alcohol. 

As per officials, the seven people were attending a party in Tomtor village in the Tattinsky district of the country's largest region, Yakutia, where they ran out of alcohol and turned to the antiseptic hand wash.

Credit: PA
ADVERTISEMENT

Another case reported in America where three people lost their eyesight permanently after drinking the antiseptic. 

As per the Department of Health, the cases were reported to the New Mexico Poison Control Center. New Mexico Health Secretary Kathy Kunkel said in a statement at the time: "If you think you may have used or consumed hand sanitiser containing methanol, please seek medical care. An antidote to methanol poisoning is available, but the earlier someone gets treated for methanol poisoning the better the chance of recovery."

Credit: PA
ADVERTISEMENT