Woman Accidentally Destroys Apartment Only 14 Hours After Moving In

Posted by Sama in Bizarre On 12th June 2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Recently one woman posted a story on TikTok where she shared how she moved into an amazing brand new apartment, however, mistakenly destroyed the whole place when some funky wall neon light caught fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Recently one woman posted a story on TikTok where she shared how she moved into an amazing brand new apartment, however, mistakenly destroyed the whole place when some funky wall neon light caught fire.

Syd Sacks, who goes by @sydsacks on the app, shared that she moved into her new place but unfortunately within 14 hours of moving into the place, the whole place turned into a mess. She shares that she returned home after having lunch with friends only to realize that her light-up neon decor that read “Let’s Stay Home” had “burned down” her home.

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT

According to the Daily Mail, Sacks rented an apartment around Dallas-Forth Worth. After getting her own place, she decorated her home with flowers, a coffee table, throw pillows, and some artsy neon pink light-up decor.

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT

She gave her bedroom a cozy touch too with a plush rug, butterfly paintings, a white comforter, and her adorable dog Piper.

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

However, the neon light did not sit well and while she was out with her friends, it burned to cause the same damage to the sofa too, and not only this but it also set off the sprinklers that destroyed almost everything in her house. 

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT

"Moved into my new apartment, and my neon sign burnt it down 14 hours later," she captioned text inside the video as she showed the before and after of the damage.

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT

“I fully moved in on Saturday, and then Sunday, the next day, I got a text from a few friends asking if I wanted to meet them for lunch really quickly. My parents live in the same building, so I brought my dog to them before I left,” she said in another video explaining the situation.

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT

She also notes that she “left the light on without thinking about it” but didn’t leave it on all night, as some commenters assumed.

Only a few minutes after leaving her house, the light caused the fire and caused a scorching hole in the wall and the smoke darkened her clean walls  and also spread to her new Jonathan Louis couch, which has a retail price of $1,499.99

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT

It was fortunate for her that the fire didn't cause much damage and it didn't spread that much but the sprinkler system did turn on and it sprayed water over her closet, laundry room, television, and other things, which created stained water on pretty much everything in the apartment.

“The sprinklers were actually able to put out the whole fire, but there was a lot of damage again from the water and the smoke,” she said.

TikTok
ADVERTISEMENT

The fire started just minutes after she went out with her saying the following: “I texted my friends to say, ‘I’m leaving now’ at 12:04. And in the official fire report, it says that the sprinklers in my apartment starting going off at 12:13. So that was a nine-minute difference,” she said.

ADVERTISEMENT

She also noted that she did her research and purchased the neon sign from a reputable Etsy seller with over 10,000 reviews.

“I thought I could trust this seller and the sign that I was getting,” she said in part.

ADVERTISEMENT

Additionally, she said that the fire marshal believed that it was an issue with the outlet and not the sign, “but for some reason, the sign got really hot, and it caught on fire and then it fell off the wall, falling onto my couch and set the couch on fire, creating an even bigger fire.”

Lucky for her, the woman had renter’s insurance to cover the damages, and no one was hurt in the process. And she also confirmed that she is currently living with her parents until her home is fixed again. 

@sydsacks

I guess it was fun while it lasted rip ##FriendsReunion ##ConjuringHorror ##FYP

♬ Oh No - Kreepa

ADVERTISEMENT