Woman Claims She Had A Near-Death Experience After Her Sex Toy Almost Burnt Down Her Apartment

Posted by Sama in Bizarre On 20th September 2021
ADVERTISEMENT

An anonymous post made on Reddit adult page, Confessions subreddit shows a bizarre incident happening with a woman where her apartment almost burned down after she forgot to unplug her vibrator for several weeks. It was her luck that she was in the same room when the incident happened and she was able to take quick action before the situation got out of control.

ADVERTISEMENT

A woman on Reddit posted that her sex toy almost burnt down her apartment.

Posting to the Confessions subreddit, the OP shares that she used a vibrator a few weeks ago, and unfortunately, she forgot to unplug it. The unplugged toy remained in her bed forgotten till it almost caused a fire.

She wrote: “I woke up with the thing going beside me because I got super drunk last night and rolled on top of it which flicked it on.

“It’s completely melted and my whole apartment smells like burnt plastic.

Getty Images
ADVERTISEMENT

“I honestly think it was minutes away from setting my whole apartment on fire, which is both embarrassing and terrifying.”

She added: “Moral of the story always unplug your vibrator smh.”

Shocked on her story, one of the reddit user advised her to contact the customer care team of the brand she got it from, adding: “That’s very dangerous and not up to hazard standards. These things should go through testing to ensure safety of use, and that doesnt sound like it passes. Might even be able to get a refund, since you say it was expensive!” [sic]

Getty Images
ADVERTISEMENT

Another user chimed in: “I learned my lesson when my wand, plugged in for days, suddenly leapt in to the air, shooting flames. Thank goodness I was home and in the same room.”

Similar bizarre incidents have been reported in the past too where one Norwich woman reported that how she was burned by an exploding vibrator.

Another outlandish incident in recent years was when The Daily Mail reported on how firefighters in Austria tackled a flaming vibrator found at the side of the road.

Getty Images
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Though it has always been precautionary informed that toys can catch fire from overuse, However, Adults Toy Guide recommends properly caring for your toys and only buying from legitimate buyers.

Getty Images
ADVERTISEMENT

In a blog post, they say: “You can relax and feel confident that your properly cared-for vibrator will not set on fire! Many modern toys are fitted with failsafe systems to switch off if the motors overheat.

“The best way to be fully confident is to only buy your sex toys from a reputable buyer. Make sure that you check user reviews in advance of any purchase and do your research on the organisation.”

Getty Images
ADVERTISEMENT